- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz. package cubed seitan
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 6 6-inch soft corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce for garnish
- Salsa for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
- To make sauce: Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make tacos: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for about 4 minutes. Add seitan, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in cumin and chili powder.
- Assemble the tacos: Smear some of the ancho-chili sauce on the tortilla, then top with lettuce, seitan/onion mixture, guacamole, salsa and cheese. You can switch up the order, but that’s the order I prefer.
*Recipe adapted from Vegetarian Times*