Makes about 3-4 small servings. Can be served as an appetizer, a side or an entree.
- 1 18-oz. tube polenta, sliced 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-sized beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- A few tablespoons chopped cilantro (adjust to your preference)
- Juice of 2 limes
- A few tablespoons quick-pickled shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium-low, then pan fry the polenta until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side).
- While the polenta is pan frying, mix together your pico de gallo. In a medium-sized bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When your polenta is ready, remove it from the pan and place on a couple piece of paper towel to blot the oil.
- Arrange your polenta slices on a plate, sprinkle with shredded smoked Gouda, and top with pico de gallo. Finally, top with quick-pickled shallots.