I must admit that I’ve been neglecting my blog over the past couple weeks. Like many people in America, this election—and Donald Trump’s victory—has upset me to my very core. I’ve cycled through many different emotions: shock, denial, anger, sadness, fear, disgust, outrage, disappointment and more.
Since last Tuesday, I’ve focused on self-care, along with some simple but meaningful actions. I’ve contacted local representatives, signed petitions, donated money, and engaged in difficult conversations.
I’m not sure what else there is to say right now, but I want to make the following explicitly clear:
- To my fellow women…I stand with you.
- To LGBTQ folks…I stand with you.
- To people of color…I stand with you.
- To Muslims and Jewish folks…I stand with you.
- To immigrants…I stand with you.
- To disabled folks…I stand with you.
To anyone else who has been impacted by the victory of a dangerous, bigoted demagogue…I stand with you, today and always. We have a hell of a fight ahead of us, and I’ll be by your side the whole way.