Do you like peanut butter? Do you like chocolate? Hey, me too.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup M&Ms. Tip: I like using Unreal candy coated milk chocolates, which you can buy in bulk at Whole Foods.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional but I use ’em
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal – not instant (NOTE: Use gluten-free quick-cooking oatmeal to make this recipe gluten-free.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.